A Level students are assigned to a House upon admission to Newlands. Membership is firstly based on family links. If there are none, students are assigned evenly between all four Houses. The benefits of belonging to a House are varied:
- Developing a sense of camaraderie and identity within the larger school community
- Broadening student interaction outside of classes and social groups
- Forging bonds and connections across age levels
- Creating opportunities for leadership roles
- Fostering friendly competition and increasing school spirit
Students earn points through House Matches and Assembly performances. At the end of the school year, the House with the most points wins the coveted House Cup. The captainship of each House is traditionally held by a member of staff, but the position of Vice-Captain is open to students who compete for it in a House-wide election at the beginning of Term 1.
Named after historical forts of Pakistan, our House system reinforces the inclusive, supportive ethos that distinguishes our school.
Click here for more information