Newlands’ A Level Programme Entry Requirements
In order to evaluate your previous academic performance, we require the following documents:
- Grade 10 Cambridge Assessment International Examination certificate
- Internal grade reports issued by your school for Grade 9 and Grade 10. Four reports per year is the standard.
- Grade 11 internal reports issued by your school, such as monthly assessments, midterm results and if available, mock results.
- Final Cambridge Assessment International Examination certificates, when available
A successful candidate for admission at Newlands’ A Level Programme will be a student:
- whose academic record demonstrates a commitment to academic success
- who has set goals and objectives
- who is confident and articulate
- who has a strong foundation in Mathematics and English Language
- who fits in with the ethos of the school (See the Core Values section of the website)
More specifically, candidates for admission must have a minimum grade of B in the subject they wish to pursue, a minimum grade of B in Mathematics for Pure Sciences and Engineering subjects, and a minimum grade of B in English Language for Liberal Arts and Business subjects.
Throughout the admissions process, applicants are assessed fairly and consistently, and decisions are based strictly on the merits of the application.
Please click here to apply online.